In this episode we discuss Apple X (10) announcements with #ARKit and Google launches their AR SDK called #ARCore.
Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes, Google Play & Stitcher.
Links discussed in show
- Definition of Augmented Reality
- ARCore will run on millions of devices, starting today with the Pixel and Samsung’s S8, running 7.0 Nougat and above. We’re targeting 100 million devices at the end of the preview.
- ARCore works with Java/OpenGL, Unity and Unreal and focuses on three things:
- Motion tracking
- Environmental Understanding
- Light Estimation
- Visual Positioning Service (VPS), a service which will enable world scale AR experiences well beyond a tabletop
- custom browsers allow developers to create AR-enhanced websites and run them on both Android/ARCore and iOS/ARKit.
- first ARcore app on play store - Atom visualizer
- Apple Announcements
- (AR section) https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-12/apple-bets-on-augmented-reality-to-sell-its-most-expensive-phone
- Unlock with your face
- Portrait Lighting
- AR: star overlay, MLB, robots/dinos on bball court.
- Directive Games
- Kirk - @thevrpm